Wednesday, June 10, 2009

now reading


It's surprising how much fun it is getting free stuff!

I received my free copy of "Best Kept Secrets of Peer Code Reivew" and it has been fun reading so far. I would recommend getting yourself a free copy.

On a related note, I was recently discussing the topic of how computer science and specifically programming courses are taught in schools/colleges/universities. Too little emphasis is placed on reading code and more is placed on writing code. I think realistically it should be the other way around. In the years of software engineering I have been doing, I have probably spent more time reading or understanding or reusing or modifying or removing code than writing. And that is a skill I had to unfortunately pick up once I started working.

No comments: