Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Fedora 9 released


Like a lot of open source and particularly Linux-as-a-desktop users, I spent a fair share of my time with early RedHat Linux and eventually Fedora releases until I was saved by Ubuntu.
In fact, I still use Fedora for various projects at work which are running either Fedora 6 or 7 depending on the confidence the rest of the development team has on the stability and the kernel. These are either server systems or even embedded platforms that do not have the traditional restrictions of processor speed, RAM or even disk space.
So, the news of interest today, has been the release of Fedora 9, which among some cutting edge features, includes KDE 4.0 that Ubuntu Hardy (8.04) stayed away from. I am not a KDE user, so my opinion on the impact is insignificant.

No comments: