Monday, April 21, 2008

never go hungry ...feeds

I am slowly getting to a point where it just seems like there is more information that I am required to digest than I can keep up with. And having good tools to get you that information does make the task itself easier, but nothing makes the amount of information any lesser. Come to think of it, wouldn't it be great to have a hash function that maps segments of information into your brain with a key for easy retrieval later?

Anyways I digress. A few days ago I heard a smart person say that a good way to judge what the other person knows is just by looking at his/her OPML. In case you have your feeds on Yahoo!, if you are logged into your account, this is where you can get your OPML:
http://api2.my.yahoo.com/2.0/content/getsubs

I have been using Liferea Feed Reader recently which does a good job of bringing your feeds to the desktop. But I am looking for something prettier, something more apt for Ubuntu. Its adequate, but not attractive. Any suggestions?

No comments: