Wednesday, February 13, 2008

dosemu

Now this is one of those things where I wonder either I have to have way to much time to sit around and try this out, or I am just a nerd. But don't judge, if you grew up in the days of Windows 3.1 and Windows 95 playing shareware PC games (from those much coveted CDs included in PC Magazines), you will understand the joy of it.

DOSEMU is an emulation program for running a _lot_ of DOS executables in Linux. I believe WINE is great for Windows programs, but this is specifically for DOS, as in Dangerous Dave anyone?

And not surprisingly, for my Ubuntu laptop, all I had to do was:
sudo apt-get install dosemu

Next step, finding my most favorite games, Asteroids, Dangerous Dave, Need for Speed and Wolf. A Google search and some minutes on DOS Games Archives later, I was up and running Need for Speed!

No comments: